February 20, 2015

Rules of Exponents Interactive Notebook Pages

This is the first year Algebra 1 students are participating in the PARCC assessment.  Due to this and the way our textbook pacing guide is setup, we were told to skip this chapter in our books and move on to the next chapter to help better prepare our students for the PARCC assessment.  In order to allow my students to better understand Polynomials and operations with polynomials, I decided to create the notebook pages below to give them some practice and understanding as to what the Rules of Exponents are and how they can help them solve polynomial problems and factoring.

Zero & Negative Exponents

I am not sure if I really like this one or not.  My plans are to change it for next year, but I am not sure how I am going to change it yet.

Multiplying Like Bases


Dividing Like Bases


Here is a Quick Link to access the files for the notebook pages.

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening! I also teacher CC Algebra; I teach using the inquiry method and it is very student centered with worksheet like yours. I taught this topic last year in a common core manner and it went fine. This year I edited it slightly and it bummed. What did your worksheets look like this year?
    Thank you, Liz

    ReplyDelete